7 Days Cultural Honeymoon Tour
1 September To 31 March
On arrival at the Bandaranaike International airport, you will be warmly greeted by your very own chauffeur guide and transferred to Negombo. (Approx. 30 min. drive). Spend the day at relaxing and enjoying the Hotel facilities.
In the evening, you will be driven to a nearby river to enjoy romantic private cruise dinner. You will arrive and board a beautifully decorated ferry to embark on your romantic dinner. The ferry is lit with natural lanterns as you glide around 300-500 meters at a low speed along the scenic river. Surrounded by mangrove vegetation, enjoy the peaceful atmosphere as you are served by a personal butler, a chef and a ferryman.
You can select any of the three specially designed 4-course dinner menus with a choice of seafood, meat or Sri Lankan/Eastern specialties. A bottle of sparkling wine is served to complement your dinner and tea and coffee will be served at the end of the meal.
Spend overnight at a hotel in Negombo.
After breakfast, you will be driven to Sigiriya. (Approx. 4 hours’ drive) En route you can visit Dambulla Rock Cave Temple.
DAMBULLA ROCK CAVE TEMPLE - Dambulla Cave temple is one of the most impressive and well-preserved cave temples in Asia. This complex contains five caves with over 2000 sq.m of painted walls and ceilings. This emphasizes the artistic talents of the people lived in this small island. Due to its artistic & archeological values, Dambulla Cave temple has been listed as a UNESCO world heritage site. Today you can see the Golden temple at the entrance of Dambulla rock that includes a Buddhist museum completed in 2000. Thereafter you will be driven to your hotel in Habarana.
In the evening, you can enjoy a candlelit dinner by the lake.
Spend overnight at a hotel in Sigiriya.
In the morning, after a delicious breakfast, you will make the trip to second capitol, the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, for a look at some of the island’s most dazzling ruins from its next significant era y 02 wheels (Approx. 1 hr. 30 mins. drive).
Take a cycling tour of one of the better kept ruins of ancient Ceylon - the UNESCO World Heritage City of Polonnaruwa, which was the medieval capital of Sri Lanka. You will be cycling about 10km on soft surfaces as you whizz between the ruins. The ancient heart of Sri Lanka. An important royal capital with its well-preserved 12th century ruins & impressive stone culture recalls an inspired past. Although nearly 1000 years old, it is much younger than Anuradhapura and generally in better repair. The monuments are arranged in a reasonably compact garden setting and their development is easier to follow.
In the evening, you will be transferred to Sigiriya where you can explore the Rock Fortress.
The 5th century Rock fortress of Sigiriya which as built by King Kashyapa is one of the Wonders of world and a UNESCO world heritage site. The Rock itself has its unique identity due to its shape. The irrigational technologies of water gardens & archeological technologies of the large lion carved at the entrance are precious as they are still existing. Sigiriya derives its name from “sinha-giri” means 'Lion Rock', due to the lion paws at the entrance. Well-designed ramparts and moats built around the rock reminds the strong protection given to the Fortress. The colorful frescoes with unique paintings of women and Mirror wall demonstrate the beauty and majesty of Sigiriya.
Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Sigiriya.
After an early breakfast, today you will travel up the verdant green hills that surround Kandy and venture further into Sri Lanka’s most beautiful and magic region (Approx. 3 hrs. drive).
En route visit a Spice Garden, where many quality spices have been grown for centuries and exported far and wide throughout the world.
In the afternoon you will be able to enjoy a of city tour Kandy. Kandy, also Known as the hill capital or Hill country, is the last stronghold of Sinhalese kings after Portuguese, Dutch and British ruling periods. To the Buddhists of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. The upper lake drive is more scenic and memorable.
Today Kandy is the center of Buddhism, Arts, Crafts, Dancing, Music and Culture. Visiting gem lapidary, art and craft center along with a traditional cultural show will complete the city tour in this small historical town.
Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Kandy.
After breakfast, you will be driven to Nuwara Eliya (Approx. 3 hrs. drive). On your way, you will see acres & acres of greenery, tea plantations all around. Step in to a tea factory and experience the glimpse of Ceylon tea making process and taste a cup of pure Ceylon tea.
In the afternoon, you will enjoy a city tour. Known as Little England, the town of Nuwara Eliya enjoys spring-like weather throughout the year. A favorite retreat of the British during colonial times, the town is dotted with English country style houses and half-timbered bungalows. During this tour you will visit Victoria Park, Gregory Lake, 19th century Golf Club and drive around the city.
In the evening, you will be taken to Calamander Lake for a romantic candlelit dinner by the Gregory Lake.
Spend overnight at a hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
After breakfast, you will be driven to Bentota (Approx. 6 hrs. drive). En route visit St. Claire and Devon water falls.
Spend this last day pampering yourself as you look over all of the amazing photos you’ve taken. After a busy week of travel, reflect on your time in Ceylon and watch your last glorious sunset over the Indian Ocean.
Spend overnight at a hotel in Bentota.
After enjoying your honeymoon at the fullest, you will be driven to Airport for your flight back home having sweet memories of the tour with Beyond Escapes!! (Approx. 2 hrs. 30 mins. drive)
The prices are Inclusive of
- Accommodation on Half Board basis as specified in the itinerary.
- Transport is based on 01 Air-conditioned car.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide for the entire tour.
- Mineral water during sightseeing tours & overland trips (500ml water bottle will be given per day per person).
- Entrance tickets to Dambulla Cave Temple, Sigiriya, Kandy Temple, Cultural Show, Tea Plantation’.
- Nuwara Eliya City tour..
- Romantic Dinner cruise in Waikkal.
- Romantic Candlelit dinner by the Lake of Cinnamon..
- Candlelit dinner in Calamander Lake..
- All current taxes as on date.
The prices are Exclusive of
- Sri Lanka Visa
- Lunch during the tour.
- Any International Airfare / Airport taxes.
- Any change in tax structure resulting from the hike in published tariff.
- Items of personal nature like tips, laundry, phone calls etc.
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit.
- Any other item not explicitly mentioned under price includes.
- Bar, telephone and laundry bills.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, and hotel lobby. Tipping is expected.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Any others expenses not mentioned in Inclusions section.
Terms And Condition:
Term And Condition :
- Check-In, Check-out time 1200 NOON
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly
- Baggage allowance in all airlines flying in Domestic sectors within India is 15 kgs for check-in baggage & 07 kgs for Hand Baggage.
- Above rates are Nett non commissionable
Please note, the names of hotels mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels. It is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey the confirmations to you on receipt of your acceptance. However in the event of any of the above mentioned hotels not becoming available at the time of initiating the reservations, we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
Please feel free to get in touch for any further clarifications at +91 9318434629, 011- 43086223
For more options visit- www.festigoindia.com
Special Instructions :
- Hotel pickup is available from most of the centrally located hotels in Colombo, Mount Lavinia and Negombo.
- Airport pick up will be arranged based on your flight details.
- You must wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred or holy places.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Accommodation in above mentioned hotels will be subjected to availability at the time of booking. If any case the mentioned hotels are not available, similar grade hotels will be provided.